Frequently Asked Questions
DADD Account FAQ
I have Questions About My Account
Do I need an Account?
No - feel free to purchase patterns as a 'Guest'.
Yes (preferred!) - Please make an account, It's quick & easy & means ...
1)) Keep track of your Purchases - No double orders!
2) Easily look up order numbers for re-downloading!
3) Save time checking out!
4) Never send to the wrong e-mail again ;)
5) Create a Wish List.
Sign up for one Here!
I bought as a Guest now I want an Account
Not a problem – create an account using the e-mail you used as a Guest and all of your orders will be pulled over to your New Account. See our 'How to Make an Account' Tutorial Here!
I Can’t Log In??
Our site will never create 2 accounts for the same e-mail ;)
Site doesn’t recognize my e-mail!
See "I can't Log In' for reason.
Site gives me "Password reset Error" when I try to sign in.
I forgot to log in I can’t find my downloads
If you paid with Paypal and forgot to log in your order will automatically be sent to the e-mail you use with Paypal. Again please check Spam/Junk folders.
I need to update my Account E-mail
Please DO NOT create a new account – you will lose your Order History.
It's very easy - after you are logged in - simply click the "Edit Your Account Details" found on the left of your Account/Order History Page - we have a step by step photo How To Here!
DADD Order FAQ
I have Questions About My Order
How do I Instantly Download my Order?
Please read full ‘Instant Downloads’ instructions found Here.
You will receive 2 separate e-mails.
- Order Confirmation e-mail containing your Order Number
- Link e-mail containing the link to your Pattern
* Please check your Spam/Junk folders for your e-mails
I have a PayPal Receipt but no Confirmation or Link e-mail
Sound like you forgot to sign into your account. Don't worry both e-mails will have been sent to the e-mail you use with Paypal. Please check your Spam/junk.
I Lost my Patterns! How can I get them?
Don't worry it is easy!
- Log in to your Dolls And Daydreams Account to find out your Order Number
- Enter your Order Number & E-mail Address here http://DollsAndDaydreams.fetchapp.com/orders
My computer crashed!
All is not lost! If you didn’t make an account to purchase don’t worry - create an account using the e-mail you used as a Guest and all of your orders will be pulled over to your New Account. This way you can look up the order numbers and re-download.
Have an account - hooray! Simply follow the instructions for "I lost my Patterns!" above.
I double ordered a pattern!
That’s no fun! Please send both order numbers to Help@DollsAndDaydreams.com along with the full name (a link helps too) of the pattern you wish to ‘Swap’ one of the duplicates for of equal or lesser value.
Who do I contact regarding my Order?
Please Check our FAQ for help first.
Please e-mail Help@DollsAndDaydreams.com with your order number etc Due to time zone differences responses may take up to 24hrs during normal business hours and 48hrs over the weekend.
DADD General FAQ
I have Questions About DADD Products & Policies
Can I Sell Finished Products made from DADD Patterns?
Yes we support Cottage Industries! Please make sure you follow our Policies.
Are DADD Original Designs?
Yes all of our ranges are original copyrighted designs. We strive to bring our clients new, versatile and exciting toys to create each month. We never use Clip Art or Licensed Characters. Please see our Policies.
I'm making a doll, I'm stuck, who can I ask?
We have an amazing friendly Facebook Doll Making Group Here - it's international so someone will be awake to help :) - so much dolly making fun & inspiration!
Do You Sell Finished Dolls?
No we do not. However lots of talented ladies do, pop over to my Facebook Doll Making Group to request one!
Do you have Sales?
We only host 2 Sales a year, a Summer & Winter Sale.
We do not offer coupons or discounts instead we keep the prices as low as possible all year around.
However, If you are a member of our Dolly Making Facebook Group or Sign up to my Newsletter you will never miss a New Pattern or one of the Sales again!
How to use a Sale Discount code at checkout?
Sale Codes are always one word, please check your spelling when entering them. Pop over here for a full Step by Step Tutorial on how to use them at checkout.
Do you sell Gift Cards?
Yes we do! You can purchase them in $20, $50 or $100 or add a couple to your cart to make up the amount you are after! Find them Here!
Need to check your balance? You can check the balance through the link provided in the original purchase email. Can't find it?, Contact us with your card details.
Do you have a Printable Catologue?
Yes pop over here to download them!
Do You Sell Hair Pattern Packs for the Dolls?
No we do not. The Dress Up Doll Range is designed to have interchangeable hair styles, clothing and accessories. Find even more fun Dress Up add ons like Faces and Clothes in our Accessories section. Get creative Mixing & Matching patterns to make wonderful one of a kind looks. * We do not split designs*.
DADD ITH Pattern FAQ
I have Questions About the Machine Embroidery In The Hoop Patterns
Do I need an Embroidery Machine for your ‘In The Hoop’ Embroidery Patterns?
Yes. You MUST have an embroidery machine to work with these files and a way to transfer the files from your computer to your embroidery machine.
What is ITH? Find out more here!
Can you teach me how to use my New Embroidery Machine?
Unfortunately we can not. They are so much fun and we recommend you read through your instruction booklet and play around with the basic functions first before attempting a pattern. Many dealers offer free classes - take one - they are brilliant!
What Embroidery Machine formats do you offer?
❤ PES - VIP - XXX - HUS - JEF - EXP and DST
* If you own a machine that does not work with these formats you can download free conversion software to convert your files at this website: http://www.wingsxp.com/index.php/my_editor/
* If ever you experience a problem with a format, try redownloading the zip file or use the DST format. Most machines can also read DST in addition to their default.
* Need .vp3 Format? Viking Software can convert nearly all other files over to VP3 – it’s free – grab it Here!
Can I alter your Embroidery Machine Design File Sizes?
Please use design files as sent, I cannot guarantee the quality of the design if you alter, resize, or reformat the design in any way.
Where are the ITH Instructions?
The Step by Step Photo Tutorial instructions is a PDF that can be found in the Zip folder. Sometimes you will have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to find it. They will be named "DADD _*toy name*__ Photo Tutorial".
Copy and paste the PDF out of the zip file and save to your computer.
Open directly in Adobe Acrobat Reader. The latest version of Adobe Reader is required to View and Print your ITH Photo Tutorial Find it for Free here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
* Mac users * please open your PDF Patterns up directly in Adobe Reader and NOT Apple’s default PDF reader called Preview.
I Can’t see the File Type I Need?
I promise they are there!! This is most common with Embroidery Machine Zip Pattern Files. There are 2 culprits for this.
1) If you are running an embroidery software at the same time as trying to unzip your file it can hide some file types. e.g. PES. Fix: Re-start your computer and make sure no other packages are open when you open and copy your files out of your zip folder.
2) Windows 10 - is a pain!! It will re-name your files - so irritating - Fix: you need to change the settings in Windows to see the real file names. Main things it likes to hide are - it turns PDF's to read JPEG and PES seem to vanish & JEF to 'Digitizer Stitch File'
My Machine Won't Load the Design!
There are 4 things to check:
1) Delete and Redownload the Zip File and Copy & Paste the File out again.
2) Make sure your Flash/Thumb drive is working and that it has enough space to save the files. These can stop working over time. Try loading a different pattern and see if it works.
3) Check you are loading the Correct Hoop Size - it's easy to copy paste the wrong size by mistake.
4) The most common reason for this is a machine will not read a file that is too big for the hoop loaded. E.g. a 200x200 mm Hoop is 7.5 x 7.5 inch hoop thus you can only load a 5x7 File onto it. Check Your Machines Max Embroidery Field Size for each hoop - this is usually given in mm and convert it over to inches. Many manufactures will include a 7x12 Hoop but unfortunately when you look up the make and model the max embroidery field is not a True 7x12 it is under - Naughty we know and we apologize for being the bearer of bad news.
Check your Hoop Sizes using the Millimeters (mm) to Inches (in) Convertor.
Will the Dress Up Clothes fit the ITH Dress Up Toys?
File ‘corrupted’ or ‘damaged’?
A ZIP or PDF file can become ‘damaged or corrupt’ when downloaded due to different internet connections, operating systems or if opened before it has fully downloaded.
Simply delete the first download & download again this time waiting until it has downloaded fully before you try to open it.
Chome Download File Warning.
When you attempt to download Chrome gives you a “File is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous” warning. This is to do with your browser settings. Our files are created on licensed software and not sold by third parties, thus are 100% guaranteed free from virus or spyware.
Click the arrow ^ on the right of the message and select "Keep" - you files will download.
DADD Sewing Pattern FAQ
I have Questions About the Sewing Machine PDF Patterns
Do I need a Sewing Machine for your Sewing Patterns?
No, you can sew them by hand if you wish but I recommend reducing my larger patterns to save you time or picking a small pattern.
How do I print the Sewing Pattern pieces?
* Full size pattern pieces just Print and Sew! (No need to enlarge or resize!)
* Set Printer to 'Actual Size'.
Don’t have a Printer?
You can always save the file onto an external device, e.g. external hard drive, CD-RW, Flash or jump drive and print them at your local printers.
How do I Shrink/Enlarge a Pattern?
Follow this Free Photo Tutorial!
Why is the file ‘Secure’?
All of the DADD PDF Sewing Patterns and Tutorials are “SECURE” and locked so that DADD original work cannot be altered or tampered with in anyway. This is a validation that you have purchased an original Dolls And Daydreams™ Pattern free from Viruses or spyware.