Due to the nature of my product, once the pattern file is downloaded all sales are final and non-refundable.
Cottage Industries Info – For Embroiders and sewists
WHAT MUST I DO TO SELL FINISHED DOLLS?
There is NO LIMIT to the number of dolls and/or softies you can make, list and sell as long as:
- Each person or cottage industry must purchase eachpattern from Dolls and Daydreams for each different doll design. Simply put, a pattern or element of a pattern may not be shared or combined.
- Each person making the doll/softie requirestheir own purchased pattern. For example, if you are a cottage industry and have 3 people making the ballerina doll for your shop, you would need to purchase the ballerina pattern 3 times (for each person). This is required even if the 3 people only make a portion of the doll. If you are teach or taking a class/workshop, each student will need a purchased copy. It is illegal to split the cost or share the pattern.
- Internet shops: For a finished doll/softie or item adapted from a Dolls and Daydreams design that is to be sold, auctioned, entered/given in a contest, given for charity in the public domain (on the Internet, e.g. Etsy, Facebook, Made It, Felt, Art Fire, Big Cartel, etc.), each item mustbe credited as being made from a Dolls and Daydreams pattern, and include a direct link. For personal use or as a gift, this is not required.
This shall be done as part of the item listing in the description or details, and state: “Made from an Original Dolls and Daydreams® Pattern” (no variations in wording). You must also include a link to at least one of the following URLs:
- https://www.facebook.com/dollsanddaydreams- You can create a direct link to my Fan Page by 'liking' my page and then using the @ symbol before you type “DollsAndDaydreams”. You'll see a drop down menu - simply click on me and it's done!
Feel free to contact Legal@dollsanddaydreams.com with questions or for help with your listing.
- Brick and Mortar shops: For a finished doll/softie or item adapted from a Dolls and Daydreams design that is to be sold, auctioned, entered/given in a contest, given for charity at a physical location, e.g. “brick and mortar” shop, craft fairs, markets, stalls, shows, fundraisers, churches, etc.), each item must be credited as being made from a Dolls and Daydreams pattern. This shall be done on the physical sales tag and state: “Made from an Original Dolls and Daydreams® Pattern” (no variations in wording). For personal use or as a gift, this is not required.
- The items must be handmade. In other words, those that purchase my patterns are granted a non-exclusive limited license, subject to the terms of this Cottage Industries Info document, to make, list and sell items made from the purchased patterns, so long as the items are not mass produced, wherein mass produced is defined as, but not limited to, manufacturing large quantities of items in assembly line form; multiple workers creating individual items in parallel in order to produce large quantities of items; or the equivalent thereof.
MAY I MAKE ALTERATIONS TO THE PATTERNS?
Alterations to purchased patterns used to make dolls/softies for personal use or as a gift is allowed.
You may alter your purchased pattern to make dolls/softies you sell as detailed below, however, you must comply with the terms of the WHAT MUST I DO TO SELL FINISHED DOLLS? Section.
Acceptable Alterations include:
- Changing the hair style or face
- Reducing or increasing the pattern/doll and softie size
- Mix and Match the pattern pieces from one purchased Dolls And Daydreams pattern with another Dolls And Daydreams purchased pattern, e.g. limbs of one pattern, body of another, etc.
UNACCEPTABLE Alterations include:
- Trying to replicate my copyrighted designs using one pattern, e.g. purchasing a lamb pattern and turning it into a Teddy or a Girl Doll to a Boy Doll.
- Combining Dolls And Daydreams patterns with other designers patterns.
- Converting designs into an embroidery or applique pattern, or an embroidery design into a sewing pattern.
Modifying a sewing pattern or digitized embroidery machine file for resale
Please be aware a Derivative Work is a work that is based on (derived from) another work; for example a painting based on a photograph, a collage, a musical work based on an existing piece or samples, a screenplay based on a book. Legally only the copyright owner has the right to authorize alterations, adaptations or reproductions of their original work - this includes the making of a derivative work.
Any doll or softie made with alterations from my original, copyrighted pattern is considered Derivative Work, and thus you must comply with the terms of the WHAT MUST I DO TO SELL? Section when listing and selling that item. The Acceptable Alterations apply only to sale of a finished doll/softie. In no way does it apply to alteration of a design and sale of the pattern. Alteration of a design and sale of the pattern is considered infringement of the copyright as Derivative Work.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFO FOR COTTAGE INDUSTRIES
Dolls and Daydreams respects the rights and abilities of other talented pattern designers and makers, and we hope you will do the same. All patterns, designs, websites, photos/images and language/wording are original work and protected by US & International copyright law. In addition, Dolls and Daydreams® is a registered trademark (US & International). As a result, the following activities are prohibited:
- Selling or distributing (electronically or in print) any Dolls and Daydreams pattern or digital file without prior written consent.
- Altering a design in any way and selling the pattern or digitized embroidery machine file as original work.
- Copying and/or using any photo/image from a Dolls and Daydreams pattern, website, blog, or social media without giving Dolls and Daydreams credit via a direct link. The Dolls and Daydreams logo/watermark shall not be removed.
- Using the trademarked name “Dolls and Daydreams” in any product title, description, tag, or listing without prior written consent. The only permitted use is in order to comply with the terms of the WHAT MUST I DO TO SELL? Section when listing and selling an item.
- Using your photo/image of a finished doll made from a Dolls and Daydreams pattern for any purpose other than publicizing/advertising the sale of the finished doll. Photos/images of the finished doll may not be reproduced in any fashion (digitizing, appliques, iron-ons, clip art, screen printing, printing to fabric, scrapbooking, etc.).
- Reproducing a pattern or portion of a pattern, or elements of a design (face, hair, etc.) in any fashion (digitizing, appliques, iron-ons, clip art, screen printing, printing to fabric, scrapbooking, etc.).
- Featuring a Dolls and Daydreams pattern as any part of group instruction, class, workshop, video or online tutorial, explicitly or implicitly, without prior written consent (See Teaching Section).
- “Unlocking” any PDF pattern. All patterns are locked by a security password to guarantee the file is secure and virus/corruption-free, and ensure the contents are not copied or altered.
SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING and PRODUCT LISTINGS
- Our Photos/images MAY be used on your blog or social media site as long as the Dolls and Daydreams logo/watermark is NOT removed, and you have included a direct link. (See WHAT MUST I DO TO SELL FINISHED DOLLS? Section #3 on how to properly add a direct link).
- It is NOT permitted to use any photos/images from Dolls and Daydreams website or product listings for your product listings
We allow the use of our patterns for the purposes of teaching a class, group instruction, or workshop. The following is required:
- Contact us and give us the details of your class (when, where, how many students, patterns to be used, etc.)
- Each student will require their own purchased pattern (See WHAT MUST I DO TO SELL FINISHED DOLLS? Section #2). We can work with you for the best method and arrangement.
Thank you for your compliance with these Policies.
Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions or concerns related to our Policies: Legal@dollsanddaydreams.com
* * * UPDATES TO POLICIES PAGE * * *
We reserve the right to update or amend this Policies page at any time without prior notice. Your use of any pattern following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms of the updated Policies page as changed. For this reason, we encourage you to review the Policies page regularly from our website http://DollsAndDaydreams.com/
Dolls and Daydreams® is a registered trademark (US & International).